Cancer:
"Big emotions arrive in waves. The trick is to ride them like an expert surfer: You know there'll be a high, a low and a period in which you can coast. Once you get that down, you're pretty much set for life. "
Man, ups and downs,, highs and lows.... yup, pretty much it.
I have no issues with my thorasic spine. MRI was clear. WHoopie...
Today was my second day of PT.
I go for 45 minutes three times a week. I did not realize just how atrophied my left leg got.
I have twelve weeks of PT approved so far from the insurance company. I want to get my leg at least to the point where I can swim laps again. I am going to have to get PT for my left arm also. I see my neurologist Friday. If I can get my left arm to be able to bring itself above my shoulder I will be able to do the laps eventually.
Course, whatever I truly have could be totally neurological in nature instead of just muscle atrophe and I am stuck with the problems.
BUT, I am not thinking that way. I may never be 100%, even 90% but I sure as hell am going to make it very difficult for my body to give in.
I still am not allowed on the recumbent bike. I have to work up to it.
Good things:
My friend Cathy just found out that she does not have MS. She has had that diagnosis for almost 7 years and finally a new neurologist after a new brain MRI said she is fine and probably never really had MS.
My Jazzys tail is healing nicely. Still has a long way to go but at least now it is beginning to get more healed skin.
Me, I got good drugs for now that work pretty good.
Once again, giving up is not an option.
Ta
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment