Friday, February 09, 2007

Does she or doesn't she have a brain? Only her Medical Technician knows for sure....

Had my Brain MRI today. Had to have contrast this time. Hell, shove me in the tube and let me sleep.

The contrast injection hurt like hell. My arm burned so bad. But at least this one is done.
Next is an MRA and an MRV. Takes too long to explain, go look it up...

I am now starting my PT for my left arm and neck. Dang, it is going to take sometime before I will get back to the strength I had last year. I use to be able to do arm work with 25 pounds of resistance, now, even with my "good" right arm, I can only use the 4 pound weight.
I will get there though. Slowly, but I will get better.

My lower limb PT is going well. I am now using the recumbent bike 10 minutes with a higher resistance level. I started at 0 and am now at 3. I have relearned how to pick up my knees and do a marching type of walk, prevents me from tripping. I was leaning to my right before which totally threw me off balance, now I concentrate on standing up straight as I walk and pick up each knee. I am still tired late in the day but PT is late morning so I get the most out of my energy. I went from 1 pound ankle weights to 3 pound weights.

Since getting off of the Diamox and instead using Lasex (water pill), I have dropped most of the extra weight I gained during my unfill. No more psychotic feelings either. I went back up to almost 270 but as of today back down to 256.2. I just have to work hard at the PT and use the apt complexes gym a bit, walk my dog more and I can get back to my low of 247.

So, all in all, life is nice. I feel more in control and better about myself.

Gotta go rest my arms.

Have a great night all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lord, Sandra. What you all have to deal with and go threw. You humble me with my whining. I am ashamed. :( Sending you a huge hug, and warm thoughts.

I so admire your determination and outlook.

Hugs and respect
Vicki

Sandgee said...

Vicki,
AS I have said before, everyones journey is different and just as important as the next person.

Go ahead, whine. I have no problem listening.

Who knows, tomorrow I may just crawl in bed, suck my thumb and cry my eyes out.

In the end, things will be as they need to be.

Love ya big Sis.

Sandra